ARCH - Royal Round announcements

Sylvrfalcn at aol.com Sylvrfalcn at aol.com
Wed Feb 21 06:01:47 PST 2001

   The Shire of Middleford holds regularly SCHEDULED & PUBLISHED archery
practices/shoots every Tuesday and Thursday from 11 to 12 and on Sunday from
10 to 1 (times subject to change based on availability of marshal, call a day
in advance to confirm).  You're all most welcome to come shoot with us, and
by the way subscriptions to our Shire's newsletter are $12 a year, you're
welcome to one of those too.
  This very evening at officer's meeting I will ensure that our virtual
scribe adds our shoot dates/times, map to the range, et cetera to our web
page so that our archery activities are published on the world wide web for
all and sundry to see.  (we have access to a very nice archery range on Ft
Hood, you really should join us one Sunday)
(http://middleford.ansteorra.org)
  That should validate to the satisfaction of most, the proliferation of
archery scores issuing forth from this shire.  Now, I have a question of my
own.  So much attention has come to bear on how and why we are shooting
scores.  Why do I get the hopefully erroneous impression that no one else is?
 The archers of this kingdom took third, in the known world, last season.  If
we can do that well then we can certainly aspire to try for second place
while dreaming of perhaps someday taking first.  But, we've got to practice
often and well to perfect our craft.  My challenge to you all is to have an
official, legal, however you want to codify it, Royal Round score shot and
registered by the end of this month.
  Which, you could do handily by joining us at ICE AXE this very weekend.
The tournament will indeed consist of a Royal Round, and I'm offering as
prize a brand new crossbow prod from Master Iollo along with a lovely piece
of white ash of goodly size to fashion a stock.  Come and get it, but do
bring your "A" game!

        Cheers All,
Lord Robert of Yorkshire
   96, 96, 99, just warming up for April 1st!