ARCH - Archery at Ice Axe

Sylvrfalcn at aol.com Sylvrfalcn at aol.com
Sun Feb 25 15:05:19 PST 2001

Greetings All,
  As autocrat for Ice Axe I owe a sincere debt of gratitude to Gilli and
Plachoya for all their hard work and contributions in making our archery
tourney such an enjoyable experience.  How'd the shoot go? Well, it was a wee
bit windy, but other than that the weather was most mild and pleasant. We had
some fine shooting going on in spite of the wind, and even got the chance to
shoot some scores for the Winter Shoot.
  From what I saw everybody brought their "A" game, but unfortunately there
can only be one winner.  This year's Archer of Middleford is the Honorable
Lord Roger Bagley, congratulations Roger, nice shooting.
  Scores to come from our shire archery marshall, Johann Haas, who due to the
demands of his mundane occupation (explosive ordinance disposal) doesn't get
to participate in events often, but more than made up for it by the
yeomanlike performance he turned in at this one. Great job Johann!
  Speaking for myself, the fun, fellowship, and cameraderie enjoyed by all
the archers present at Ice Axe added immeasurably to my enjoyment of the
event.  I look forward to seeing you all at upcoming events, and as many new
archers as we can enlist to fill out Ansteorra's ranks.

          Cheers,
  Robert of Yorkshire