[Ansteorra-archery] Arrow approval

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Tue Jul 10 20:48:35 PDT 2001

Yeap, with and with out duct tape covering the strapping tape.  Plachoya and
I think that the duck tape is going to hide the bad things that could be
going on under neath.  So we'll be doing a lot of shooting.  We'll also be
testing my version of the Siloflex APD--fiberglass only.

FYI there's suppose to be an updated testing procedure out probably by the
end of next week.  Early reports on it makes it sound more realistic to me.

I put forth this idea on the SCA Missile Combat list.  Now I'm going to do
it here and see how it fly's.

With the current new regs on combat arrows, particularly the APD portion,
(feel free to flame all you want here) I think we need to make combat arrow
making an authorizeable activity.  That means folks would have to take a
class in combat arrow making with the type (s) of APDs they want to use.
Yes, it would be more to keep track of as if we don't already have enough.

It's an education thing.  Hey aren't we an educational organization?  Where
did I read that, I know I read it some place.