[Ansteorra-archery] IKCAC news from Middleford

Sylvrfalcn@aol.com Sylvrfalcn at aol.com
Thu Jul 26 21:31:48 PDT 2001

Greetings My Lords and Ladies, Fellow Archers All,
  Today, in spite of the sultry weather, HL Gilli cranked out a very
respectable 208 IKCAC score.  He could have probably managed a higher score,
had he not been in peril of drowning in a helm full of sweat!  I've seen him
shoot better, but I've never seen him try harder, and that's where it's
really at as far as I'm concerned.
  As for myself, I'm really getting a taste for this period division stuff.
When I shoot period, I really shoot period.  As in, wooden longbow of
non-laminated hickory, with a hand made grip that's nothing more than a
simple leather wrap.  The string is a hand twisted Flemish with no nockpoint,
and the arrows have hand carved self nocks.  And of course, the target face
used simply must be a period one (really makes scoring more goof-proof). I
even shoot all my period scores barefoot just for grins (and some
superstitious nonsense regarding luck).
    Sadly, I'll be leaving you in the fall and moving to Trimaris.  Still
time for me to shoot some scores for them, if that's even legal.  Legal or
not, I wouldn't do it anyway, it would be contrary to loyalty and honor to
shoot scores for two different kingdoms in the same season.  Besides, we all
know Trimaris doesn't stand a bloody snowball's chance in hell against the
mighty archers of Ansteorra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Cheers All,
Robert of Yorkshire