[Ansteorra-archery] Arrow approval

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Wed Jul 11 08:13:36 PDT 2001

Massive quantities of helium or hydrogen would be required.  :)

However, that was writen before I recieved some answers to a few questions.
I now have an alternate method of testing should someone object and not be
willing to set out that battle.  I was just pointing out that if someone
want to mess things up that would be the way to do it; but not any more.

From: Mike Catron [mailto:meggiddo at netzero.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 9:39 AM
To: ansteorra-archery at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra-archery] Arrow approval

Lighten up Gilli.

The requirements for experimental weapons were in place before Gulf War
X and it applies to all new weapons, meaning - swords, polearms, axes,
maces, siege weapons, and of course arrows.

The purpose is to inform all fighters that a new weapon system and/or
material is being tested in actual combat. Meaning - the weapon and/or
material will be used against them by actually striking them on the
battlefield.

The above is more for education for all, especially those who are new to
this list and combat archery.

This is not an attempt to flame anyone!

To date, I have not of anyone refusing to allow APD's onto the field for
testing at any event. If I am wrong, then please post and update the
list of such an occurrence.

Michael of the Fray