[Ansteorra-archery] Arrow approval

Harry C. Billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Wed Jul 11 17:22:59 PDT 2001

I agree that authorization for building combat arrows is a bad idea. How
ever starting with the top KEM, KAM and the reagional AM's we need to make
sure that all archery inspectiog marshals know how to inspect combat arrows
and what is leagle in Ansteorra.
What is leagle in Ansteorra? Are we going to alow all SCA approved APD's?
If the KAM is at a "war" he should be setting the standard and leading the
way, if the KAM is not there then the reagional of the reagion or a reagiona
from an other reagion should be leading not questioning some one for
checking equipment.

>I don't think an authorization for building arrows is a viable option. I
>think it is up to the inspecting marshals to make sure that no ill
>constructed arrows goes on the field. This is already the responsibility of
>the marshallete. After the situations at this last Gulf War, no Ansteorran
>arrow should go on the field unless it has been inspected, that includes
>anyone who brings mass quantities. If this is not done then it is a break
>down in the inspection process. NO shortcuts should be taken.

Not every one has web acces and thouse of us that do can not acces all
sightes. The designes that are approved need to be made avalible in a
printed format.
Leadership starts at the top and by demstration not at the bottom.
>Information on the construction of combat arrows is readily available and
>anyone interested in this activity should do their homework. This being said
>I will repeat it is up to the Combat Archery Marshals to make sure that no
>unsafe combat archery  materials (bows or arrows) make it on to the field.
>
>Ld Fearghus MacKenna
>Kingdom Archery Marshal

Plachoya Sobaka insignificant archer; Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra