[Ansteorra-archery] Arrow approval

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Thu Jul 12 12:17:29 PDT 2001

Kenneth c Elwood <kelwood at vvm.com> said:

> I disagree that a written test be required for authorization, that start to
> create more paper work than really needed, There are some people that may be
> good at taken a written test and not be able to perform the requirements, or
> that the individual cant pass or has problems with written test but can
> perform the requirements to be a CA.

I am not talking about a test with scors that will be recorded in database
somewhere not am I talking about the SAT exams.  Rather a quiz that will test
a individuals knowledge of rules and regs before they proceed.

It might not be a written test but instead could be a verbal interview type
of quiz conducted by the authorizing marshal as long as all the bases were
covered.  The adavantage of a standard written quiz is that it would be
uniform and help assure that the bases were covered throught the kingdom ad
far a rules and regs knowledge is concerned.  The authorizing amrshal could
administer a verbal quize from the written one if there was a individual who
didn't deal well with written exams.

This type of quiz has worked for other kingdoms like the Outlands, Middle,
and Meridies.

See:

http://www.dnaco.net/~aleed/ca/test.html

http://members.nbci.com/seamus1/archery/caquiz1a.htm

http://www.pcisys.net/~lyssa/outlands/archery/test.html

In Service,

--
Lord Eadric Anstapa
Coastal Regional Archery Marshal, Ansteorra
eadric at scabrewer.com