[Ansteorra-archery] Academy of the Bow Information

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Thu Jun 7 05:40:15 PDT 2001

I'm just a cook at heart.:)

Well, I got to looking at the website that came with the testing procedures
last night.  All the approved APDs shown are on fiberglass.  The testing
procedures requires separate testing and approval for wood and fiberglass.
So it appears that there aren't any approved APDs for wood.  I asked last
night, but I don't know if I got answer back on that or not.  I going to ask
again, very pointedly, tonight.

But if that's the case, that there are no approved APDs for wood arrows
right now, effectively wood is illegal on the heavy field till there is one.
Pretty slick, uhhh.  Don't go through the thing of getting rid of the arrow,
just require APDs and then don't have one for it.

Then again, perhaps that foam wedgey thing is approved for wood, I don't
know.