[Ansteorra-archery] Academy of the Bow Information

ironwyrm at juno.com ironwyrm at juno.com
Thu Jun 7 11:29:27 PDT 2001

 <Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil> writes:
> Do we even want to teach a class on combat arrow construction at AoB?

By all means, if for no other reason to give these combat archers
somewhere to start.  Even if we do not know what the BoD is going to
permit, at least we know what combat arrow heads we can use.  Our archers
will at least have their combat arrows 60% ready.  If we show the
possibilities for vanes & nocks we are currently testing and the BoD
approves what we're testing our archers will know what to do after Aug.
1st.

You have read and know the specifications as well as the rest of us and
can make a good guess as to what they are going to accept, so lets use
the Academy make our archers aware of what their possible choices are
going to be.

As far as the wood shafts, until I see "wood shafts cannot be used for
combat arrows" I not really going to worry about it.
We have plenty of trouble already without borrowing anymore.

Ironwyrm

PS: Keep stirring that pot, as long as they're paying attention to you
they can't keep an eye on the rest of us!