ARCH - Middleford's shoot ot knife blanks

Sylvrfalcn at aol.com Sylvrfalcn at aol.com
Thu Mar 8 18:56:41 PST 2001

  Ah, a subject near and dear to my heart!  Okay, if you want knife blanks as
in raw material, the place to check out is Texas Knifemaker's Supply.
They're located in Houston and have a web page on the Internet.  They sell
every type of raw material imaginable for making custom knives.
  Now, if you're looking for ready made blades on which to mount a handle of
your own construction, I must shamelessly plug a friend by the name of Ragnar
of Elandris, out in the kingdom of Aethelmearc.  Ragnar is a master
blacksmith and member of the American Bladesmith Society, he's also the most
helpful and honest merchant I've ever dealt with.  If you go to his web page
                                 http://www.ragweedforge.com
you'll find not just blades from Sweden and Norway, but also ready made
knives from Sweden, Norway, and Finland.  All exceptional values at very
reasonable prices.  My vote for "best bang for the buck" goes to the Swedish
knives and blades, especially if you're looking for honest working blades
that'll be used hard and often.  If you're looking for something more
upscale, he's got knives from Norway that'll make your eyes water and your
heart go "pitty pat"!
   But it doesn't stop there.  Need a good throwing axe? He's got 'em. Want
to see a fabulous array of Norse and Celtic jewelry?  Yup, same place.  He's
also got an extensive list of links covering a wide range of subject areas of
interest to SCA'ers, and articles on how to make knives and sheaths, among
other things.
  So, check out Ragnar at Ragweed Forge.  I know he'll appreciate your
business, and I also know you'll be well pleased with his products and
service.

      Cheers,
Robert of Yorkshire