ARCH - What If

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Mar 23 12:18:11 PST 2001

 Pet,

>And these are reasons why Archers should be folded in with the Centurions
>for
>recognition at a Grant level?   It sounds like you are making a fairly
>strong
>case for the fact that this is something completely different than what is
>already out there.
 	Old age is setting in -- I'm not sure what you are asking me.....
	If you are saying that I'm presenting a case that archers should be
considered for Centurians - why yes, I am. I think they should be because
archers are invalid in melee combat.  Of course I haven't read the by-law,
laws, folkways or mores on what it takes to be a Centurians so I imagine
that I will probably get shot down in a minute gleefully by and archer.
Currently Centurians don't think that is a good idea.  They like thinking
combat is only sticks being held in the hand and hit not thrown....
	My personal take is combat is combat and should be judged by the
fighter an dthe weapon choice.
	Of course, wait until you hear my opinions on art versus craft, art
versus science, etc. etc.

My personal take is that we shouldn't have division of Laurel and Chiv....
War is an art and a science.  But I am a minority.

Clare