ARCH - Academy of the Bow

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Tue Mar 27 09:12:09 PST 2001

That's what War Colleges are for.  However, classes on those subjects could
be done.  You might have to specially recruit some fighters to play.

>From past experiences, when we combined AoB with another event, AoB has been
virtually swallowed up by it.  When AoB has been a stand alone, it has done
well.

Generally speaking the site requirements for all five events are different.
Finding a site that would support a AoB/any of the other four would be
difficult.

They will not hold a King's College someplace that isn't air-conditioned.

The idea sounds great.  But to this point in time, every time it has been
tried it has not worked well.

From: Mike Catron [mailto:meggiddo at netzero.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 10:15 AM
To: ansteorra-archery at ansteorra.org; Fray Ansteorra
Subject: Re: ARCH - Academy of the Bow

How about combining AoB with one of the following:

The King's College
The Kingdom Warlord Tournament
The Queen's Championship Tournament
King's Lancer

My thoughts are by combining with one of the above we as archers would come
closer with the heavy fighters and they with us.

My way of thinking would promote a closer working relationship, especially
if all of us could set up a active work-shop not only for Combat scenarios
with archers in support of a shield wall, but also assisting various
shieldmen, spearmen in increasing their ability to thwart arrow fire.

I am sure that I might have overlooked something - give it some thought. But
I can only see good things coming from such.