ARCH - Academy of the Bow

Mills, Scott Scott.Mills at compaq.com
Tue Mar 27 09:13:39 PST 2001

I think the idea of combining AoB with the Kings College is not necessarily
a bad one.  However, I don't know that this is necessarily a good idea
either.  Many or dare I say most Kings College sites that I have been to do
not have the space to set up a single archery range much less a couple of
ranges.  Also, Academy of the Rapier, Academy of the Sword get their own
events why shouldn't Academy of the Bow?

As far as combining with Lancer, Warlord, Queens Champion, etc. I don't know
that this is necessarily a good idea.  Academy/College style events are
sufficiently different from Tourney style events that they might not fit
well together.  There will also likely be people who wanted to compete in
the Champion Tourneys (which might take most of the day) who would miss out
on classes that they wished to take that are scheduled at times that
conflict with the tourneys.

I do think it is a great idea to combine Queens Champion, Kings Champion,
Kings Lancer, and Royal Huntsman to a single event.  The events like Royal
Huntsman and Kings Lancer seem to get foisted off on groups to be held at
other events that they already have on Calendar.

Having a single "Royal Champions" event with several tourneys running would
allow us to have all of the champions chosen at once and get it all over
with in one dell swoop.  It would possibly free up calendar space and
perhaps most importantly it would give the clear message that all of the
Royal Champions have equal status.

My 2-cents

In Service,

Eadric