[Ansteorra-archery] We're #1

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Wed May 9 20:38:06 PDT 2001

That's what most folks think. That their score will bring down the Kingdom's
average.  The only average is that of the best single score of the top three
scorers from the Kingdom.  If I shot a 300 tomorrow and Roger shoots a 350
with his crossbow and Agnar shoots a 325 and Joe Newbee shoots a 57; our
average would be computed as follows: 300+350+325=975/3=325.  Notice I only
used the top three scores.

Does that mean Joe Newbee's score isn't important?  It's very important.
Here's why.  You gotta start somewhere.  And where ever it is you start from
there you start.  Up untill three years ago I'd only shot the combat
competition.  Three years ago I didn't break 100 on the IKAC.  Last year I
had a 160+.  This year I've a 187 and 200 is in sight.  Everyone that
travels the road does so at their own speed.  But not if they think they're
going to hurt the Kingdom.

No matter what you shoot, if you keep shooting long enough and want to,
you'll eventually help the Kingdom.  You just gotta want to.