[Ansteorra-archery] Your Take on The ABD/APD ISSUE

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Thu May 10 06:22:04 PDT 2001

WELL Now,

I'm the list administrator.  I also make 1500+ arrows to take to Gulf war.
Every one please feel free to agree or disagree with me on this as you see
fit.

The following is my, for general audiences, own personnel opion.  Regardless
of what he may say, I feel that this was done by the SEM, not to promote
safety but as an attempt to destroy or severely cripple combat archery as we
know it.  The SEM's actions at the war, telling his assembled kingdom earl
and archery marshals that they would have till about October to come up with
a plan, then announcing the implementation just a few weeks later, to me
shows a total disregard for his people.  By ignoring the other documented
sources of eye injuries, the SEM has missed the opportunity to promote eye
safety and has seized the initiative to severely affect combat archery in
non golf tube using Kingdoms.

I'm sure you folks have gone through the various arguments we have.  To me,
it was a BAD decision that just plain sucks.