[Ansteorra-archery] Your Take on The ABD/APD ISSUE

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Thu May 10 09:29:08 PDT 2001

I wish you'd get with those folks Agnarr and try to get them to hang with it
a while longer.  We're going to have a few auctions to help support this
change, starting with a slient auction at AoB.

But try to get those folks to see that if they let this stop them, then the
SEM is getting his way and just got a cheap kill out of the deal.

The arrow factory will be in production mode very soon.  It's is my
intention that I have approx. 2,000 combat arrows of several types at this
next war.  Now I might not get that many done, but that's the target.

But if those folks are set on not needing their bow and arrows any more, I
want to talk to them about buying their stuff.  I'd like to at least keep
the equipment in use.

From: Agnarr Thorvaldsson [mailto:agnarr at apex2000.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 11:22 AM
To: ansteorra-archery at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra-archery] Your Take on The ABD/APD ISSUE

Well from what I been told and been privy to at a heavily attended event
over the past month this decision by the SEM has not garnered him any new
friends in this part of Ansteorra.  This Edict is not popular here in the
Western Region of Ansteorra at all.

In fact, I have had more Heavy Fighters Only complain about this ruling
being unfair to the archery community than from the archer's themselves.
Several of the combat archers out here in the west are stating publicly that
they are done with combat archery in the SCA if this ruling is in effect for
next years Gulf War.

Anyway this is the "western view" that I've personally seen and heard.

HL Agnarr Thorvaldsson