[Ansteorra-archery] Your Take on The ABD/APD ISSUE

Harry C. Billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Thu May 10 15:56:02 PDT 2001

There is "one" documented eye injury and that is the stated reason for this
rule to prevent eye injuries. We can greatly reduce the possibality of eye
injuries with bulbus knocks. Broken hands and legs are acceptable toren
ligaments in knees is accepteble. Given time they will kill or parlize some
one with heavey weapons. There have been at least one close call on both.
The injurieas recived heavy play on the rapier list about 3 years ago
injuries are a chance we take when we take the field if you are concerended
about getting some thing in your eyes put some thing over them.
plachoya who some times just has to speek up.

>I think there are some very real concerns that we live in an overly
>litigious society and SCA could be liable if nothing was done to improve
>safety after there were several well documented injuries.  Sure there are
>many other ways that a person can get hurt on a battle field. But once
>someone is hurt, and a single person calls for change and safety
>enhancements, and the SCA does nothing, then people would have a case for
>negligence.

Plachoya Sobaka insignificant archer; Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra