[Ansteorra-archery] Your Take on The ABD/APD ISSUE

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Mon May 14 15:14:13 PDT 2001

While I would certainly encourage anyone who has an opinion to go and take
this poll please be informed before you do so.  Please make sure that you
have red the statements from the BOD and the SEM before you take the poll.

Personally, I think the poll is rather poorly worded  and almost asks leading
questions.  It is more often built in a way that is asks people how they
disagree and do they think it will hurt, etc.  In other words it asks you
most often how negative you feel.  In short it is very apparent from the poll
the person who developed is disagreed with the decision from the SEM and it
almost leads people to the same.  I personally feel a more neutrally worded
poll would have more credibility and be better received by the BOD.

The poll starts with the statement "At the April Board meeting the Board of
Directors upheld a ruling By the Society Marshal".

This is not quite true.  The policy from the SEM came just days before the
BOD meeting and the BOD I think wisely chose not to act in haste and instead
wait until the next BOD meeting to review this issue so that it could be
properly placed on the agenda and so that they would have to to gather input
and research the matter.  Unfortunately the next BOD meeting is not until
October.  There is a big difference in  what really happened (tabling a
matter until a later date) and what the poll would have to believe (that the
BOD upheld or confirmed the decision by the SEM).

Also, the poll asks if you are a HEAVY or a LIGHT combat archer without
defining either of those terms.  In different kingdoms they mean different
things.  In Ansteorra LIGHT often means RAPIER  but in most other Kingdoms (I
believe An Tir where this poll came from) it means NON-CONTACT.

Still the poll has merit so everyone please go take it.  Just be informed
before you do so.

In Service,

--
Lord Eadric Anstapa
Coastal Regional Archery Marshal, Ansteorra
eadric at scabrewer.com