[Ansteorra-archery] (no subject)

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Wed Nov 21 10:55:27 PST 2001

I've noticed, probably why I like you.  ;)

How is having an away shoot requirement making us less insular?  Non archers
just see us over at the range shooting at something.  They don't know what's
being scored unless they're in the gallery, which most don't take the time
to do.  I'm not sure how keeping a self imposed requirement that most non
archers don't know about will make us seem more open and friendly.

And speaking of that age old problem, I again ask what can we do, that we
all will do, to make us seem more open and friendly?  The Archer's Flight
had a very small amount of success, but only with archers.

From: Pug Bainter [mailto:pug at pug.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 1:30 PM
To: ansteorra-archery at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra-archery] (no subject)

Cleek, James M. (James.M.Cleek at abc.com) said something that sounded like:
> In as much as there are Archery events at less than half of the events I
> have been at. Sometimes there will be a shoot but not an IKAC or RR.
> Sometimes we shoot but scores are not turned in. I would say we should
drop
> it.

I have to disagree. (I'm like that.)

First, an away score helps keep us honest. Not that any of us would
cheat, but shooting at the same line every time gives us an advantage
there. Shooting in different climes puts more of a challange on us.

Second, Archers are already seen as an insular crowd. If we don't even
have the away shoot requirement, it could drive some of us to be even
more insular.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is
something