Travel fo RR Ranks was Re: [Ansteorra-archery] (no subject )

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Wed Nov 21 13:17:08 PST 2001

There's a popular misconception that I can shoot target archery well.  I
just do it often.  A blind monkey finds a banana once in awhile.  I shoot
IKCAC well because I've been doing it a while and those folks I know would
be better at it don't shoot it very often.  I have no problem shooting at
other loactions except to proof the honest thing.  Yeap, probably not the
best word.

It should not be a big surprize that folks away scores are less than their
home scores.  At away events you usually don't have the luxary of being able
to warm up for an hour or so and to shoot more than one score in a day or
even just restart.  In fact there's even a big difference in the purpose I
see in the two shoots, home vs away.  The away shoots show who was the best
of those who showed up and under the given conditions of that day and only
that day.  The home shoots you're going for those 3 best efforts of a whole
year and your scores are listed with everyone else in the Kingdom that shot.
To me that's a big difference in circumstances.