[Ansteorra-archery] A PRIZE TO BE WON

Sylvrfalcn at aol.com Sylvrfalcn at aol.com
Tue Nov 27 18:39:16 PST 2001

Greetings unto my Lords and Ladies, fellow Archers all,
  This coming Saturday, being the first day of December, is the last day of
the IKAC/IKCAC season.  We've done well this season, but a strong finish
certainly wouldn't hurt, and may, perhaps, keep our competitors at our heels
instead of at our throats.
   I am pleased and excited to make the following offer that may generate
some glorious deeds of archery befitting Ansteorran archers.
   I, Robert of Yorkshire, will present a money order in the amount of ONE
HUNDRED dollars to the shire or barony that shoots the highest TOTAL score on
December 1st.
That's right, total score, target or combat, longbow or crossbow, just add
them all together and post your total on this list by no later than midnight,
Saturday, December 1st (only one official score per person, per division, may
go into your total, naturally).
   It is my fond hope the money will be spent on targets, loaner arrows,
etc., but it is not my nature to offer gifts with strings attached.  Your
shire/barony wins it, your shire/barony spends it.  And by the way, I would
by no means be slighted if others of you out there care to step up and
"sweeten the pot".  The bigger the prize, the greater the effort to go after
it eh?
    Now, there'll be some out there who will offer various reasons as to why
their shire/barony can't or won't be shooting on the glorious final day of
the archery season. They will have my sincere sympathy and understanding,
what they will not have is my hundred dollars.

             Good Luck, Good Fellowship, and Good Shooting,
                                Robert of Yorkshire