[Ansteorra-archery] Current TI

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Thu Apr 25 05:10:22 PDT 2002

I'm not saying you'd have to be  a paid member. Just pay $3 per event more
and stay a non paid member.

However there area few points that need to be made.  The California thing
hasn't a thing to do with it.  The insurance we have is not for personal
injury or for property damage of SCA members.  It's to protect SCA officers,
while doing their SCA job correctly, from lawsuits.  This sport can be
dangerous at times.  That little blue card you get and sign acknowledges
that you know its potentially hazardous.  It has saved the Society 4 for 4
times we were sued.

If you're a paid member, the wavier you sign takes care of a lot of
paperwork.  Non paid members cause a mountain of paperwork to be created and
then stored for a number of years.  So if someone comes up two years from
now to sue us, we have on file where they knew what they were getting into.
This costs money and takes up time to make and store.

Being a paid member helps maintain the frame work of the SCA around the
world.

If you ever get a chance to take a class on the BoD by Paul Mitchell or as
we know him Sir Rodri, I think everyone would learn allot about the workings
of the BoD, the SCA and membership is important.

Both spouses don't have to be sustaining members.  Darcy and are have a
sustaining and a family membership.