[Ansteorra-archery] Current TI

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Thu Apr 25 09:20:31 PDT 2002

Good solution Gilli! Of course, it does not handle all the
people who would not be able to afford the new rates
society wide, but it is a start.

BTW, as I understand it, the non-member surcharge did not
work the last time, because it was seen as an imposed tax
that caused lots of extra work on the local groups who had
to collect and forward the tax. Many groups just quietly
did not collect it. Does anyone have a more accurate take
on this?

This would allow us to collect some of the cost of non-members,
make it economically advantageous to become a member, and
keep the cost of becoming an officer (with the required membership)
down. On the other hand, it might make many of the events too
expensive for people who are not members because they cannot
afford the cost of membership.

But the cost is not too bad in comparison to other groups. At
$35/year that is about $3/month or about $0.10/day. For smokers,
smoke one fewer cigarette a day and you have it. I know that
$3/month is still a lot for a few of us, but not very many. For
those for whom it is a lot, your solution is a possible answer.

In service,
Caelin on Andrede