[Ansteorra-archery] Alternative Bow Woods [was RE: Steppes Bowyers and Fletchers...]

Minar, Scott [PIC/BrenTX] Scott.Minar at picomponents.net
Mon Aug 12 14:05:01 PDT 2002

> I hear that Elm can be a real bear to get into the stave stage but after
that its
> fairly easy to draw the bow out....has that been your experience?
>
> Diethelm

A coworker of mine tells me the same thing--splitting elm is a pain.  When
last he tried, he buried three wedges and two axes.  The elm didn't give
them back until a chainsaw was brought into play.

---Victor duFresne

|Scott Minar                 |P I Components Corp.|
|Information Technologies    |1951 Hwy 290 W      |
|Direct 979.421.5846         |Brenham, TX  77833  |
|Fax    979.421.5725         |Main 979.830.5400   |
|scott.minar at picomponents.net|Fax  979.830.5415   |