[Ansteorra-archery] Some basic help needed

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Mon Aug 12 16:00:26 PDT 2002

Lady Eibhlin <ladyeibhlin at yahoo.com> said:

> Greetings to all on the list,
>
> I have a longbow, and am in need of a bow stringer
> that would be appropriate for it.  I am told the type
> I need has a 'pocket' on each end...one deep and one
> small.  The vendors near my house do not carry these.
> Does anyone know of an online source for such things
> that I might try.
>
> Thanks for any input.
>
> Lady Eibhlin MacEogan

Lady Eibhlin,

Almost any online supplier will have a double-pocket bow stringer.

F/S  Sells the Neet Rtaditional Longbow Stringer.
#6419 NEET Traditional Long Bow Stringer

3 Rivers Sells several
Three Rivers Archery Bow Stringer ID #: 4247
Large Three Rivers Archery Stringer  ID #: 6117

Kustom Kings sells
Leather Bowstringer ID #: 2301

Lancaster Archer Supply sells the Bateman Stringer (Texas made by Earl
Bateman).
BATEMAN BOW STRINGER item# bat-rlbs
This is a recurve stringer but it would work for your longbow.  Unless you
just prefer to do business with Lancaster I would instead buy would of the
abouve cause they have pockets that will fit your bow better.

The 3 Rivers and Neet stringers are both top-notch and will work well for
your bow.  Do not buy one of the Pad type (saunders) or limb-saver type of
bow stringers as they do not work well or safely with truly traditional bows
as the pads have a tendency to slip.   Pad type stringers reallt need a flat
limb surface to work on and they really need some sort of reflext or recurve
to the limb.

Links to all of the above suppliers can be found via
http://archery.ansteorra.org on the links page.

Regards,

--
Lord Eadric Anstapa