[Ansteorra-archery] A Look Back at 2002

Timothy Rayburn timothy at elfsea.net
Tue Dec 3 20:19:29 PST 2002

>There's only three competitions in the Know World that will put Ansteorra on
>the World stage.  And guess what?? It isn't our Hunts man.  It isn't our
>RRs. It isn't any other G&G shoot we may do.  It's the IKAC and the IKCAC
>and the Winter Shoot.  Like it or not that's life.  And if you aren't
>scrambling to get a better score in those competitions to make Ansteorra
>number one to the best of your improving ability....well go try another
>persation.  Because you aren't an archer.
>
>Go eat card board.

See, now that is the most stupid thing I've ever heard.

Accordian to Mirriam Webster, definition number 1, an archer is "a person who uses a bow and arrow".

Archery is not about being recognized world wide.  If you're interested in that, leave the SCA and start doing Olympic Archery.  You'll shoot at paper all the time, and be recognized far more widely than any SCA endeavor will ever bring you.

If its not fun, its not worth doing.  Anyone who steps to the line and is willing to try their hand at firing arrows at targets, whatever they are, is an archer.

Grow up, and don't post drunk,

Timothy "Robin Hood, not an Archer to Gilli" of Glastinbury