[Ansteorra-archery] A Look Back at 2002

Jack Spinks jspinks at ix.netcom.com
Tue Dec 3 23:10:40 PST 2002

I do not hold a bunch of titles or even a few but it seems to me everyone
could chill out and accept that there is plenty of room for everyone.  I
cannot speak for elsewhere but the number of Steppes archers continues to
grow over the last year.   And we recently realized that the Steppes Archers
hold titles from all of the Central Region Archery competitions this year.
That tells me we have improved greatly as well as increased our number.

I shoot target and I shoot combat.  I have not shot IKCAC but may just for
the fun of it.  We do shoot combat games  that mimic more of war using IKCAC
targets.   I love shooting traditional archery.  I love shooting or coming
up with something different (such as the moving target as Steppes Warlord
last year) but more than anything it is the shooting in friendly competition
with friends (although anyone who has heard Ulrich, Owen and I on the firing
line might wonder) and against myself  and other arhers for personal bests.
I like it when the group that I participate with (Steppes Archers) or a
member of it sets rcords and achievements and I like seeing others improve
to beat us.  Competitions of all kinds are the way we measure ourselves
whether it is a combat comptetion or a formal target comptetion.  And then
there is the fun and learning of comparing my equipment and technique
against someone elses.   Far as I am concerned- most everyone has a valid
viewpoint and a favorite shoot. .  I like to be on the winning teams whether
that is in target competitions or in war.  I will just do all of them that I
can and enjoy doing them.  Who knows? maybe next year Steppes will try some
of the IKCAC so we win that competition too.  :-).

Jacques the Spink