[Ansteorra-archery] A Look Back at 2002

Mike Catron meggiddo at netzero.net
Wed Dec 4 08:45:10 PST 2002

Greetings,

I felt the need to respond back concerning the statement that Face Shots
are not allowed at Gulf Wars. Since a good number of people read this
thread, I went and checked the site for both Combat archery and Heavy
Fighting.

This is in fact a misleading statement -

Face shots to the grill area only are allowed.

Below is a portion of what is NOT allowed per the Gulf Wars site:

"Thrusts or arrow shots to the sides, top, and back of the helm are not
allowed and need not be called."

Suggest reading and/or printing out all the rules for both Combat
Archery and Heavy Fighting before attending Gulf Wars. This suggestion
should apply to both Non-contact archers, heavy contact archers and
fighters as well.

Michael of the Fray
Unit Combat Archer for the Condottieri