[Ansteorra-archery] A Look Back at 2002

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Wed Dec 4 08:07:06 PST 2002

About 3 years ago, I didn't say a word about it all year.  We got 6 scores
that year.  This year I waited to shoot for score till the last weekend.
Only a few folks showed up to that little shoot: Don Sebastian, Lord Robert
of Yorkshire, Lord Edward MacTavish, Deborah, HL Darcy and myself.  We shot
4 Kingdom highs that weekend.  Don Sebastian got 2nd place combat, and 1st
place period, Lord Robert got 2nd place period, and I took 3rd place combat.

It's a circle of skill. You practice, you do better, you enjoy it more.  So
you practice more, you do better, you enjoy it more; and on and on.

I don't need to promote "how wonderful I am".  I get told that all the time
by folks who do appriciate what I do.

From: Darcy [mailto:HLDarcy at HOT.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 9:53 AM
To: ansteorra-archery at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra-archery] A Look Back at 2002

> > As for Gilli's desire to get more people shooting the IKAC and IKCAC,
over
> > the years he has tried damn near everything to get people out there.
He's
> > offered free shooting, prizes, intrakingdom competitions.
>
> Has he ever tried it without trying to humiliate people or to promote
> how wonderful he is for doing this? I've not seen that tried yet.
>
> Ciao,
>
> --
> Phelim "Pug" Gervase

Yes he has. That's what the prizes, free shoots and itrakingdom competitions
were all about.  Unless you define competitions to be "humiliating" for the
people competing in them.  In which case we had better dump all the
tournaments, and other competitions in the SCA because obviously the people
putting them on are doing so to "humiliate" the people entering them.  You
admit you're not willing to practice, but you blame Gilli.  I don't buy
that.

Darcy