[Ansteorra-archery] A Look Back at 2002

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Wed Dec 4 09:10:25 PST 2002

Let's talk a second about training.  Armies since the beginning of time have
honed their skills on stationary targets.  Folks who have been in the
military have spent hours on the rifle range practicing and shooting "for
score".  Even in todays army with all of it's high teck stuff, very little
is done against a moving target.  The vast majority is against a stationary
target.

Our combat arrows are not smart missles and they are slow and can be easily
avoided at times.  If the target moves after the arrow is loosed, it's
probably going to miss.  It could however it someone behind the target.

Gilli

Timothy Rayburn wrote:

> Of course... if all we do is shoot IKAC or IKCAC, then once that Knight
takes a step, or heaven forbid ducks, we're in alot of trouble.  Not to
mention that GW conventions don't allow face shots, which the IKCAC counts.