[Ansteorra-archery] Details

ironwyrm at juno.com ironwyrm at juno.com
Sun Jan 20 03:00:56 PST 2002

In answer to your question, YES!!!

Greetings into the Archers of Ansteorra,

We have just returned from the Bonwicke's 12th Night and I have the
following news:

Our 5th Royal Huntsman of Ansteorra is none other than Lord Lughaidh Mac
Sheoinin of the Steppes!

The match was a double elimination format with various targets at
different ranges including six combat arrows/bolts at a combat target.
The last two archers remaining being Ld. Wilim Penbras of Elfsea &
Lughaidh Mac Sheoinin.  In two very close ends using a wolf target at 40
yds. Lughaidh did emerge victorious.

At court their majesties did also present Lughaidh with an Award of Arms.
 Congratulations to our newest Royal Huntsman of Ansteorra!

Here it comes Gilli!

Also during court their Majesties did announce creation of the long
waited archer's "Order of the Arcus Majoris of Ansteorra" and the premier
members to that Order.

HL Fearghus MacKenna was the first to be presented the White Armguard
with the Black Star of Ansteorra emblazoned upon it (Not a bad way to
step down as Royal Huntsman, hey Fearghus?).  Pictures to be posted
tomorrow.

Their Majesties did spend a great deal of time among our archers on the
field this day, talking, shooting, and closely checking the results of
each end shot by our competitors.  Our King did also dazzle us all with a
display of his own skill at bow & shaft.

OK, that's the news.  It's been a long day & trip and I need some sleep.
Into our newest Royal Huntsman & premier member of the "Order of the
Arcus Majoris" I do say very well done the both of you.  Vivat!

Ironwyrm