[Ansteorra-archery] The new award

Tessa Nieto eleanor_cleavely at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 19:22:40 PST 2002

--- "Duke, Wes" <WDuke at aegonusa.com> wrote:
"Personally while I am honored to have been selected
as one of the principles of this order, I don't have
all the characteristics that are embodied in the
Constitution...."

My honored lord,

If I may be so bold to say, you are one of the most
deserving of this award. Though I have only been an
archer for a short time (even shorter because of my
shoulder), I have always marvelled at the ease you
have with new archers. You have helped me and
countless others learn to love this artform called
archery. It is because of you that I can't wait to
pick up my bow because I know that, if I watch and
learn, perhaps I'll grow up to be just like you one
day (read: I'll learn how to be a true archer).

I admire your humilty, which only serves to show that
you do indeed deserve this award. Thank you for being
so generous with your knowledge and skill with us
beginners. You've no idea what it means to us when
someone who shoots so amazingly...wow...takes time out
to show us how it's properly done.

Thank you, my lord, and congratulations on this most
deserved honor. I remain...

Your humble servant
Lady Eleanor Cleavely
Yeoman for their Excellencies Elfsea
Apprentice to Master Darius of the Bells
Wannabe Archer

=====
- - - Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary