[Ansteorra-archery] Cngrats

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Wed Jan 2 14:09:13 PST 2002

A small misunderstanding on my part.

From: Eadric Anstapa [mailto:eadric at scabrewer.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 12:06 PM
To: ansteorra-archery at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra-archery] Cngrats

Bob Dewart <gilli at seacove.net> said:

> Perhaps this is a lesson to us all.
>
> Gilli

Yes, I think there is a lesson.  If we ask, it will happen.

After the tournament I asked Baron Emrys if he had made any plans for
champions to stand guard during court and he informed that that he had not
brought any of his Baronial Guard with him and that there were no plans.  I
then asked him the favor of allowing the archery community to stand guard
for
them during court and he agreed that he thought that was a great idea.  When
I asked Lord Edward to take the job he protested slightly saying that he had
not brought his court garb with him but he gave in quickly and it sure
seemed
like he enjoyed being asked and given the opportunity.

FYI, and I do not wish to diminish Lord Edwards achievements, La Marche
Sauvage does not choose an "archery champion" the way they choose an Armored
or Rapier champion. No scroll, title, regalia, etc.  The do have a fun
shoot/contest at each of their two annual events and give the winner some
nice prizes.  Lord Edward won the contest on this day.  The next event and
archery contest in La Marche Sauvage in just barely over a month away at
their February event.

Always in Service,

--
Lord Eadric Anstapa
Coastal Regional Archery Marshal, Ansteorra
eadric at scabrewer.com