[Ansteorra-archery] Archery Recognition

Paul Haines wyrmclaw at ev1.net
Thu Jan 10 15:50:14 PST 2002

Pardon the snips to Gilli's post, but to comment on a few things....

> Well, there's alot you can do.  Check these folks out on the OP to see
what
> they have.  You'd be surprized at how many folks don't have what everyone
> thinks they do.

Definitely check the OP....It's a good way to keep from recommending them
for something they already have (AoA probably the most common to either get
duplicated, or neglected if someone gets another armigerous award before
they get an AoA)

> Exact information, while nice, isn't an absolute requirement.  For
example:
> If you know Joe Archer and he's been making his own arrows for as long as
> you've known him, then you can say he's been doing it for at least that
> long.

I've written a couple recs and while having all the info is nice, it's not
necessary most of the time.  Copying your local nobility helps too, as they
can then forward their own comments to your recommendation, which can add
some more substance to your recommendation.  While the crown might not know
me from Adam, they should know my landed baron/ess.

> The last several recs I've sent in didn't have the individuals mundane
name
> (at least I don't think so, could be wrong).  The on line thing requires
it.
> But the last few times I tried it didn't work.  May be now, I don't know.

People have mundane names???  I must have missed that day in orientation!

Cheers folks and hope you all are having a good New Year so far!

Ld. Alden Drake