[Ansteorra-archery] The new award

Duke, Wes WDuke at aegonusa.com
Tue Jan 22 08:51:01 PST 2002

While there are indeed holders of the Kings Archer that should be considered
for this award, I don't think it would be a good idea to just say that
everyone is ready for this award. That in my opinion would be like saying
everyone that has a Queens Rapier, or a Sable Falcon is ready for a White
Scarf or a Centurion's Cloak.  Personally while I am honored to have been
selected as one of the principles of this order, I don't have all the
characteristics that are embodied in the Constitution. But as I have been
told that one of our past Kings said when he was to be Knighted,  ' If I am
not ready I need to get there as fast as I can.' This is my intention. This
order like everything else will evolve and change as time passes. What we as
members of this Order does with this is up to us to influence the perception
of this Order. If we seek to be seen in the same light as the Dons and
Centurions, then we need to act like we want to be seen that way.

HL Fearghus MacKenna
CAM