[Ansteorra-archery] Greetings from Afghanistan

Heather Crouch heatherc at austin.rr.com
Sun Jul 14 12:17:32 PDT 2002

I have to agree with Plachoya, keep your head down Lord Robert! There are
many of us newbies that still have much to learn from you in the areas of
archery, bowcraft and fletching, just as soon as you return to us.

Having been out in the desert myself during the Gulf War (the real one, not
the one in Mississippi!), it is now my turn to thank you and  the other
soldiers, airmen, seamen, marines, etc. for being out there doing your duty
while I sit back here at home, enjoying the freedoms we fight for.

I wish for you the kind of experience I had in a dangerous place. The most
striking memory I have is of a fantastic thunderstorm at 2am in the morning
while on guard duty. Sitting in a two man foxhole alone, dug into the sand
and seeing the wonderful light show I ever saw all around me, 360 degrees,
with no mountains, trees or buildings to block the view. I thank God every
day that this was my memory and not that of anything that would give me
nightmares.

Is there anything you need over there? Can we send you a 'care package'?
Anything you can't easily get over there? I always wanted chocolate, peanut
butter and good coffee (though the chocolate melted most of the time, it was
still better than no chocolate). I also couldn't get my favorite brand of
shampoo and had my mom send it to me often.

~Rose al'Noor
Huntswoman Wannabe
Barony of Bryn Gwlad, Kingdom of Ansteorra