[Ansteorra-archery] Range Questions

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Mon Jun 3 12:06:36 PDT 2002

When I used bales, I'd stack them so that it was soild in the 5, 4, 3 area.
If you want to tie them up, I'd use some of that yellow rope and tie them
together.  If you have a powerful bow on the range, and the extra bales, you
might want to double stack them; ie, back row on it's side and the front row
lying flat.

From: Derek Wilson [mailto:dwilson at dollarcar.com]
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 1:43 PM
To: 'ansteorra-archery at ansteorra.org'
Subject: [Ansteorra-archery] Range Questions

Back when I was doing mundane Field Archery Tournaments we used to use metal
banding materials and cinch down the 3 bales so you would not "shoot
through" the butt if you hit between the bales.

Are any of you out there doing this?
If so where are you getting your banding rigs?
Know of any place you can rent them?

Anyone ever use the plastic banding for this?
Does UV affect it very fast?
Does it cinch down as well?

Thanks in advance to any replies.

Diethelm Waltorfer