[Ansteorra-archery] Gulf Wars, Touch Kills, etc. was: AoB is Coming

Sluggy! slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Tue Mar 19 14:31:27 PST 2002

Eadric Anstapa wrote:

> I have heard the argument that fighters dont have the time (or the focus and
> attention) to be on the lookout for the white diamonds on the helment.  To
> those I reply that we expect the fighters to look for a peice of Blue or
> Yellow tape on the helment to determine sides that are a fraction of the size
> of a white diamond.

Along the lines of recognition, I once formed up on a Trimarian
shieldman in the ravine battle because of the direction he was facing.
Only when a hold was called did I realize who he was.

Likewise, I was legged in one of the field battles. The line quickly
moved away from me, but a Fian Ruadh glavesman, Terric, stayed with me.
Shortly, a cell of fighters approached very rapidly. I immediately saw
the tape and knew that they were Ansteorran, but they did not have that
look of coming to help, so I got in a defensive position. Only in the
last 10 feet or less did they slow and ask our alignment. Really, I
don't think they saw our yellow helm tape even then, but rather they
probably saw Terric's Fian Ruadh tabbard, upon which the sable star is
prominently featured.

Sluggy!

--
  It is a wretched thing that the young men of
  today are contriving and so proud of their

                Yamamoto Tsunetomo (1658-1719)

$ chown -R us:us yourbase/