[Ansteorra-archery] AoB is Coming!!

Carolle M Cox hpockets at gte.net
Tue Mar 19 09:40:12 PST 2002

I didn't fight, Gilli, so i can't answer your questions, unfortunately.  I
DID buy my first crossbow - from Ielo.  And i'm anxious as heck to get to
the range and try the baby out!!

However, there was quite a bit of just-plain-rudeness aimed at archers and
siege engineers from heavy fighters and a few others.  Frankly, this is just
exactly what makes me hesitant to take the field.  I'm cruelly aware of my
own limitations, one of which is a severe lack of patience with ignorami.
If some of these comments and nastiness were directed at me, i fear some
fighter would be Wearing my new Ielo bow!  I'm sorry they don't want us
there, and i'm even more sorry that heavy fighting was the beginning of SCA,
giving them the 'historical precedent', because it makes it harder to
convince them that such behavior is not welcome on the field of endeavor.
What to do?  What to do?

Will there be classes at AoB for crossbowmen???

Gerita