[Ansteorra-archery] Gulf Wars, Touch Kills, etc. was: AoB is Coming

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Tue Mar 19 14:43:35 PST 2002

Sluggy! <slugmusk at linuxlegend.com> said:

> Along the lines of recognition, I once formed up on a Trimarian
> shieldman in the ravine battle because of the direction he was facing.
> Only when a hold was called did I realize who he was.
>
> Likewise, I was legged in one of the field battles. The line quickly
> moved away from me, but a Fian Ruadh glavesman, Terric, stayed with me.
> Shortly, a cell of fighters approached very rapidly. I immediately saw
> the tape and knew that they were Ansteorran, but they did not have that
> look of coming to help, so I got in a defensive position. Only in the
> last 10 feet or less did they slow and ask our alignment. Really, I
> don't think they saw our yellow helm tape even then, but rather they
> probably saw Terric's Fian Ruadh tabbard, upon which the sable star is
> prominently featured.
>
> Sluggy!

There were some pretty tiny peices of Yellow and Blue tape out there.

I know that during the first day at the ravine battle when the Meridians had
just switched sides there where many that now needed to be rebadged as
fighting for the Ansteorran side.  The marshals in charge didn't have yellow
tape, (or at least not enough) so they where going around and bumming tape
off the ansteorran fighter by basically taking the tape off the ansteorran
fighter, ripping it in half and and each fighter basically then got just a
half-peice.

Usually white diamonds are as large as the can be made to fit on th helm and
must be visible from all sides.

In Service,

--
Lord Eadric Anstapa
Coastal Regional Archery Marshal, Ansteorra
eadric at scabrewer.com