[Ansteorra-archery] Official targets question

Sluggy slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Tue Mar 19 17:51:43 PST 2002

Thanks to everyone for the info!

Eadric Anstapa wrote:

> Please keep in mind that your mundane scoring program might likely be useless
> for SCA purposes.  The FITA targets are 5-color 10-Ring targets.  There are
> 10 scoring rings (scored 1-10).  In the SCA we just use the 5 colors and only
> have 5 scoring zones (scored 1-5)

The program features a FITA 5 ring target scored 1-5, but there are
other limitations to the way it talleys a score. Perhaps most
importantly, while it lets you specify almost any number of rounds in a
session, it allows a maximum of 6 shots per round, period. This
complicates keeping track of the speedround, or at least it does if you
can shoot faster than I can. Also, all rounds in any given session are
assumed to be at one range. You can track all your 20 yard sessions and
all your 30 yard sessions, but the only way to track 20, 30, 40 and
speedround in one session is to tell it that you are shooting 7 or 8
rounds in one session at some arbitrary range.

The program has a lot of potential as a practice tool, especially with
the non-demo version, which has a PC companion for analysis of the
gathered data. If you number your arrows, you can even track trends for
each particular arrow. Who knows? With enough requests, they might be
willing to add SCA specific settings...

For the curious, it can be seen at http://www.targetplot.com.au

They also have a volleyball scoring program.

Sluggy!