[Ansteorra-archery] Combat archers

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Wed May 1 11:31:26 PDT 2002

It sure does!!

Practice is also the time to find out that your string will catch on
something on the side of your helm.  That happened to me in the middle of a
speed round one time.  That's why the right side of my helm has duck tape on
it.  :)

From: DAFPIG at aol.com [mailto:DAFPIG at aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 12:51 PM
To: ansteorra-archery at ansteorra.org
Subject: [Ansteorra-archery] Combat archers

Greetings again,

Hmmm,, , It seems safe to say that most combat archers are having difficulty
finding local practices, either due to mundane restrictions or lack of SCA
involment.  Lord Micheal, I comment your efforts to establish combat archery
on a local level in your area.  I wish other places were so open minded.

Ok, What next?  If we can't practice at local fighter practices,, perhaps we
can practice at events.  Even if the event isn't a melee event, I don't feel
most groups would have a problem us grabbing some fighters and practicing
commands and working in & among a shield wall.  Any thoughts?  This might
also give us more visiablity at events for those who might be interested in
doing CA, just as the fighter practices in local parks do.

I'm starting to think William and I are going to need more help organizing
and keeping things going.  Hmmm,, perhaps having Sgts. in each of the
regions
to coordinate the above mentioned practices might be a good step.

Gilli,, I strongly feel one must practice shooting.. only that it takes more
than that to make a combat archer.. After all,, what good is a Combat archer
who cannot hit a thing? :>  Practice is also a great time to find out how
your armor effects your fighting/aim.  It is a different world when you put
your helm on!

keep the ideals coming!
Octavia