[Ansteorra-archery] Pennsic Pitty Party and Membership Drive

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Mon May 20 14:56:48 PDT 2002

Greetings and Hi There,

Well, if it ain't one thing it's another.  I just got off the phone with the
Park and Rec guy here on post.  Too make a long story short, I'm having to
move the date of this Non-calendar Middleford (Reeve is tied up) event to
the first weekend of August,2 - 4 Aug.

I have a very small blurb about it in this coming Black Star.  There will be
a full page add in July.

It's pretty much a regular Middleford event, with a few changes.  We'll have
heavy and rapier fighting, archery, knife ax and spear, A & S, scroll
painting and I'm cooking.  Here's the change, while there will be a site and
a feast fee, $7 / $7 for adults, etc. the money will not go into any SCA
account (that's why the Reeve is tied up).  Instead it will be used to buy
memberships for those who want one but can't afford one.  Those in
attendance who do not have a membership and want a membership will be given
a raffle ticket.  After feast, we'll start pulling out raffle tickets till
we run out of money.  If we have money left over it will carry over to doing
another raffle at another event as an add on.

Should anyone think this is just a Gilli effort to make some money for
himself, please stay home.  It is our intent that the bulk, if not all the
money collected will be used for memberships.

Ought to be fun.