[Ansteorra-archery] Moving Targets

Ruff, David David.Ruff at valueoptions.com
Tue May 28 08:42:24 PDT 2002

About 10 years ago I used to compete in R/C glider competitions. We got the
gliders to altitude via Ford starters on a winch setup. Some of these
gliders would weigh 25+ pounds, the normal launch was full power at a 45
degree plus climb to 500 feet. Not sure of the actual "pull" needed to lift
that weight that fast to that altitude but it would rip wings off on
fiberglass composite gliders if done wrong. My thought is to use the same
type of setup in a box for easy carrying and do a line setup to move a foam
broad head stopper target on a line setup much like a ski lift. It would be
light, would move as fast as the operator wants (pedal drive) and be
reasonable to set up in the course the marshal wants.... The problems - the
safe zone/over shoot area required.... Arrow loss due to misses and possible
skip off the edges of the target (see safe zone). Other then that it would
be neat to have a line that can move toward, away from and side to side of
you. The foam can be cut into knights, animals ect ect to simulate a charge
or retreat....

Ulrich of Carolingia