[Ansteorra-archery] The Fray... (was signal flags)

Mike Catron meggiddo at netzero.net
Thu May 30 09:50:22 PDT 2002

Greetings,

I read the last portion of Frayman Carlos e-mail:

Charlie Ribron II wrote:

> but unit orders come first then kingdom orders this way we
> act has one.

I need to clear up something here on this statement and really hate to
do so in a public format.

The King and his generals, warlords, and unit commanders arrive at a
mission scenario based upon input on the abilities of each unit. Nothing
new here. The mission scenario is arrived at and the plan is fan out by
the commanders (hopefully - they FULLY understand their portion in it).
The commanders brief their troops on their portion.

This level of briefing is what each member of the Fray receives. From
that point forward, each member receives a set of primary assignments,
possible secondary assignments. I always received both primary and
secondary assignments to support the Fray in achieving the Ansteorran
Army main scenario.

Thus, there are sub-assignments within the Fray that support the main
scenario that was arrived at by the King and his generals. In the middle
of a battlefield, it will change - always it does. Once, the Fray takes
the field and lay-on is call, then only the Fray commanders are obeyed
during the battle. There have been too many individuals want only saw
short term gains and are willing to exchange these for the long term
mission scenario that the King and his command staff arrived.

I believe this what Frayman Carlos was attempting to convey on this
list. Carlos, correct me if I mis-understood.

Michael of the Fray
Remember, we are always outnumbered!

Se Fray Stente Festa!