[Ansteorra-archery] Combat archers

Mike Catron meggiddo at netzero.net
Wed May 1 12:49:30 PDT 2002

Greetings,

The Fray is planning on a War practice at Steppes Warlord on Sunday. I
will be there as well to get in some additional practice with the rest
of my Fray brothers and sisters.

I am sure that if there are any archers and/or fighters who would like
to be included, you will be more than welcome.

Based upon previous Fray War practices, there will be numerous
opportunities for all who are interest. And you do not have to have a
full set of armor either to become part of this practice.

I am NOT offering loaner armor here, what I am offering is an
opportunity to work with a heavy shieldwall and any additional fighters
who want to become involve.

There should be walk through, involving no fighting or in other words no
contact, learning commands is the prime reason for the walk through.

There should be some contact and/or fighting - really depends upon the
number of people present. Although have actually done this with as
little as 4 people - two shields, one spear and one archer.

So, bring what you have in the way of armor, weapon(s) of choice, and an
open mind, plus the most important item:

Your willingness to have fun!

Side note - I guess it is time that I start looking at becoming a Combat
Archery Marshal. Currently involve in studying for some exams - will see
how much spare time I have.

Michael of the Fray