[Ansteorra-archery] The Fray... (was signal flags)

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Thu May 30 11:18:35 PDT 2002

Mike Catron (meggiddo at netzero.net) said something that sounded like:
> I need to clear up something here on this statement and really hate to
> do so in a public format.

I don't.

> Thus, there are sub-assignments within the Fray that support the main
> scenario that was arrived at by the King and his generals. In the middle
> of a battlefield, it will change - always it does.

I agree up to here.

> Once, the Fray takes
> the field and lay-on is call, then only the Fray commanders are obeyed
> during the battle. There have been too many individuals want only saw
> short term gains and are willing to exchange these for the long term
> mission scenario that the King and his command staff arrived.

I disagree with this completely. This is the issue I have with what you
have been saying all along.

If the Ansteorran commanders change a battle scenderio or decide they will
change tactics at a specified time (via the flags to communicate the
change/time) then the Fray should follow these changes.

We are not talking about "Joe blow fighter/commander" coming up and trying
to change your orders. We are talking about a decision made either before
or during the battle that the General of the Armies or one of his
sub-commanders has decided upon.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   | "I know that I will never be politically correct
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |  I don't give a damn about my lack of etiquette