[Ansteorra-archery] New To The List....

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Thu May 30 13:17:17 PDT 2002

So what's Talon?  An avocado with an attitude?  He wears those white
diamonds.

From: Eadric Anstapa [mailto:eadric at scabrewer.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 1:35 PM
To: ansteorra-archery at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: [Ansteorra-archery] New To The List....

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ciana O'Hara" <ciana_sca at yahoo.com>

> Yes, I do know what a killing blow is.  I live in Northkeep (Tulsa).  I
> was told that Ansteorra does not have white diamond archers.  Is this
> not true??
>
> Thanks
> Ciana

We do and we dont.

There are provisions in our rules and in the society-wide rules for
non-contact participants.

However, some other kingdoms have two classes of archers.  One class is the
"Light"or non-contact archer which some would call a "white diamond" because
they would be wearing the white diamonds symbols.  These "light" archers do
not have to wear standard armor.  In some kingdoms they wear a very light
helm that is not fit for full contact combat, a gorget, and very little else
in the way of rigid armor.  We DO NOT have this class of archer in
Ansteorra.

In Ansteorra our combat archery authorization is what some other kingdoms
would call a "heavy" archer.  Meaning that it is a full-contact combat
authorization and the participants must be fully armored.

The "light" and 'heavy" archer thing is often particularly confusing to
Ansteorrans because in this kingdom those terms have become synonymous with
"rapier" and "armored".

We do have rapier combat archery in this kingdom.  It is a separate
authorization from armored combat archery.

Regards,

Lord Eadric Anstapa
Coastal Regional Archery Marshal, Ansteorra
eadric at scabrewer.com