[Ansteorra-archery] Greetings and website

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Fri Nov 22 09:03:25 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vivaine" <sharon at stickjock.com>

> Ok so how do you make an ABD or are they required now? Do we need to worry
> about them? If so, what is needed to make them w/
>
> thanks
>
> Vivaine

APDs are required so the nock end of the arrow may not penetrate into a helm
for that one-half inch.

ABDs are NOT required and please don't try to build or use one.

An arrow penetrating a helm would be BAD.

Bounceback is GOOD!  When an arrow strikes the target the energy has to go
somewhere.  If the arrow bounces back then a good portion of that energy
stayed with the arrow.  If the arrow just hits and falls dead to the ground
then the energy was transferred to the target and THAT is when people get
bruised and hurt.

Regards,

Lord Eadric Anstapa
Kingdom Archery Marshal, Ansteorra