[Ansteorra-archery] Guantlets

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Sat Nov 23 19:19:30 PST 2002

A Full Gantlet is exactly what any heavy fighter have to be wearing.  A hand
covering of rigid material designed to transfer the force of a blow to the
gripped weapons.  Handbow archer gotta have one of these on their bow hand.

An "Archers Gauntlet" is a substitute for a half-gantlet that can be used on
the string hand.  They are typically a Hockey Glove (the heavy kind used in
Ice Hockey NOT a thin street hockey glove)  with the fingers cut out and a
leather work glove worn underneath.

Regards,

Lord Eadric Anstapa
Kingdom Archery Marshal, Ansteorra